Friday, October 12, 2007

The framed, stilted lattice.

Where are u in there?” the museum coordinator asked Squirrel

“I am one of the nexuses,” Squirrel replied, enigmatically.

The portrait was composed of thousands of minute photographs- each one depicting Squirrel decked out in a Where’s Waldo type outfit.

Today, at the opening, however, Squirrel resembled a cross between Raymond Chandler and Raymond Pettibone. He had adopted a monocle for the occasion.

There were white wine cocktails and cheese cubes impaled upon stakes.

Squirrel, who was king of the joint, sauntered in place

“This is our first show of unique Squirrel Art,” a museum benefactor squawked. “We’ve done Aboriginal Art. We’ve done Convict pieces, but we’ve never explored diverse species.”

The Cornish Hans floating in vaporous sauce.

Squirrel proceeded to take the mic

“I alone am the beneficiary of mankind’s aura,” he began. “I am like the glass blower, except my material is fiercer. I transfix dimensionless expanses onto pixel casts. Heave when you spot me on the sidewalk. ying yang."

No comments: