Sunday, October 19, 2008

Do you see squirrel?

He is there hanging in the park, by the bushes. Him and the bros are playing dice for acorns shards, always hustling, calculating.

This park ain’t what it used to be though

Soon there’s not gonna be any of us guys around

They got all this new shit moving in. Royalty, like foxes and stuff. The pigeons are getting tossed out. They’re moving the fountain, which is where we all used to hang. I heard they’re building some kind of high profile dog park, which they have always been our naturally enemies, like class enemies. And there always get shit built for them and getting pampered and how gives a shit about the squirrels? Never seen a squirrel park get built. And you never will

- ok old, timer, what you say we head over to the watering hole, get us some H2o

- no, Joshua, leave me here. I want to be with my people for one last time

Which begs the question, who are you rooting for?

Oh me, come on, I don’t know I like having these guys around but the crime

No comments: